Grupo de trabajo sobre membresía
Purpose: to actively build APC membership with the participation of current members
Duration: This is a standing committee.
Convenor: Karen Banks Network Development Manager.
MWG facilitator: Vanessa Purper Network Development Assistant
Members: Regional diversity in this group is very important. Members from May 2007:
1. Al Alegre, FMA/APC executive board, Philippines
2. Anriette Esterhuysen, APC Executive Director, South Africa
3. John Dada, Fantsuam Foundation, Nigeria
4. Péter Dunajcsik, Green Spider, Hungary
5. Olinca Marino, LaNeta, Mexico
6. Shahzad Ahmad, BytesForAll.org, Bangladesh
7. Karen Banks, Networking and Advocacy Coordinator, UK
Role and responsibilities:
- reviewing new applications for membership
- reviewing membership policies and procedures
- identifying potential new members
- making recommendations regarding membership terminations
Good skills to have:
- Understanding of APC’s membership criteria, procedures and policies;
- experience in other membership-based organizations;
- good networking experience;
- familiarity with civil society issues.