The Membership Working Group is an advisory committee made up of volunteers from among member representatives, and then appointed by the APC board of directors.
Purpose: to actively build APC membership with the participation of current members
Duration: This is a standing committee. Participants change from time to time.
Convenor and MWG facilitator: Karel Novotný, APC Knowledge Sharing Coordinator.
Members: Regional diversity in this group is very important.
Members as of April 2015:
- Anriette Esterhuysen, APC Executive Director, South Africa
- John Dada, Fantsuam Foundation, Nigeria
- Shahzad Ahmad, BytesForAll.org, Pakistan
- Liz Probert, GreenNet, UK
- Mark Graham, IGC, US
- Hamada Tadahisa, JCA-NET, Japan
- Maya Sooka, APC Finance Manager, South Africa
- Ariel Barbosa, Colnodo, Colombia
Role and responsibilities:
- reviewing new applications for membership and making recommendations to the board of directors
- reviewing membership policies and procedures
- identifying potential new members
- making recommendations regarding membership terminations
Good skills to have:
- Understanding of APC&-8217;s membership criteria, procedures and policies;
- experience in other membership-based organizations;
- good networking experience;
- familiarity with civil society issues.