Page last updated on
The Membership Working Group (MWG) is an advisory committee made up of volunteers from among member representatives, and then appointed by the APC board of directors.
Purpose: To actively build APC membership with the participation of current members.
Duration: This is a standing committee. Participants change from time to time.
Convenor and MWG facilitator: Karel Novotný, APC Network Development Coordinator.
Members: Regional diversity in this group is very important.
Members as of March 2021:
- Alfredo Lopez, United States
- Chat García Ramilo, Philippines/Australia
- Julian Casasbuenas, Colombia
- Lisa García, Philippines
- Liz Probert, UK
- Maya Sooka, South Africa
- Oona Castro, Brazil
- Poncelet Ileleji, Gambia
- Sylvie Siyam, Cameroon
Role and responsibilities:
- Reviewing new applications for membership and making recommendations to the board of directors
- Reviewing membership policies and procedures
- Identifying potential new members
- Making recommendations regarding membership terminations.
Good skills to have:
- Understanding of APC's membership criteria, procedures and policies
- Experience in other membership-based organisations
- Good networking experience
- Familiarity with civil society issues.