Grants for local implementation of APC’s strategic plan: 2020 call now open!

The 2020 call for project grants is open for proposals from 15 May 2020 until 14 June 2020.

These grants are for projects that contribute to the implementation of APC’s strategic outcomes for 2020-2023 at the national level and are meant to strengthen ongoing work of APC members. In their proposals, members should demonstrate how their projects contribute to one or more of these strategic outcomes at the local level.

Given the urgent need to mobilise the collective power of networks and social movements to respond to the environmental crisis, this year we are especially encouraging members to submit proposals that contribute to environmental sustainability.

Submission details

Members can submit proposals a) individually for up to USD 20,000 or b) jointly for up to USD 35,000.

Please note that all activities for the project grants must begin after 20 July 2020 and be completed by 30 June 2021.

Similar to previous years, the grant amount will be transferred to grantees in two portions: 80% will be transferred on signing of the grant contract, and the remaining 20% will be transferred on the basis of an interim progress report to be submitted by all grantees by 30 April 2021. 

To avoid losing your content while submitting your proposal, it is highly recommended that you develop your proposal offline (i.e. using the template provided) and only copy the content into the online application form once you are done. Please also use the budget template to submit your project’s budget. The complete application must be written in English.

You can access the application form, budget and reporting templates here.

The online application form is available here.

You will need a username and password to access the form. Please write to rox@apc.org if you can’t access it.

Eligibility

Only APC organisational members in good standing can avail of APC grants (this means members must not owe APC any of the following: dues or other outstanding funds, contractual work paid for but not yet delivered, financial or narrative reports from activities previously supported by APC).

A member can receive only one of each type of grant in a single grant cycle.

For these grants, the eligibility criteria of APC donors that support APC’s granting programme will apply. Therefore, only projects that are carried out in certain countries are eligible. See the OECD Development Assistance Committee’s list of countries that qualify for Overseas Development Assistance for 2020.

Selection

After the closing of the call, all the submitted proposals will be assessed by an evaluation committee composed of a board member, APC staff and an external evaluator. Up to 18 grants will be awarded in total.

Applicants will be informed via email about the results within a month after the closing of the call. Successful proposals will be published on apc.org.

If you have any questions please contact grants@apc.org

Apply online here.

You will need a username and password to access the form. Please write to rox@apc.org if you can’t access it.

The deadline for applications is 14 June 2020.

 

English
« Go back