Alex Groome is originally from Montreal, but has been working from APC's office in Johannesburg from October 2012. She is currently Executive Assistant working 0.8 FTE. Her KRA's are as follows:
1: Resource mobilisation
• Resource mobilisation list: Moderate resource mobilisation list including ensuring that funding calls are being followed up and tasks
are allocated and reminding staff of deadlines
• Scan information for funding calls and post relevant information to the APC resource mobilisation list and APC members' list.
• Record and monitor workplan of all fundraising efforts with tasks and timeline.
• Proposal writing: Support proposal writing including completing information for proposals especially on organisational sections, background materials for proposals and monitoring all requirements for submission
• Undertake desk based research as needed.
2 Donor reports
• Provide support to strategic management team in preparation of donor reports by collecting information required for the reports, proofing and editing draft reports, liaison with donors as needed and submission of final reports.
3: Staff meetings and processes
• Staff meetings: Arrange and call monthly online staff meetings and other meetings. Take notes and post notes to APC team and on the APC meeting wiki. Provide support for organising of staff face-to-face meetings.
• APC calendar: Develop APC calendar as a planning tool for staff, keep APC events/activity calendar updated, ensure staff record all events well in advance, inform staff on regular basis of events with emphasis on staff tasks and coordination.
• APC activity reporting: Monitor and ensure proper and timely reporting of activities in APC's reporting platform.
• Provide support in generating reports required for various purposes such as EB reports and annual reports.
4: Membership Coordination
Provide support in organising online and face-to-face meetings of members.
5: General networking support to the ED and the DED
• External Communications: Provide support to Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director in responding to external communications as required by preparing and editing correspondence and other information.
• Event participation: Support ED and DED in event participation by developing itineraries agendas and presentations and arranging travel and accommodations as needed.
• Networking: Arrange, plan and schedule networking meetings and other appointments for ED and DED as needed.
• Arrange requirements and act as liaison for APC's UN ECOSOC membership which include registration of official APC delegates for UN events.
• Support monitoring and evaluation work as needed