APC member grants

Grants to support the local implementation of APC’s strategic plan - 2019 call open until November 9th

The 2019 call for project grants is now open. These grants are for projects that contribute to the implementation of APC’s strategic priorities at the national level.

The grants are meant to strengthen ongoing work of APC members that is linked to APC’s strategic priorities.  All applications should demonstrate how proposed projects will contribute to one or more of the key result areas or outcomes in APC’s Theory of Change.

This year, we encourage members to collaborate with each other in submitting proposals that respond to common concerns, especially for project ideas and activities identified in regional member meetings. Members can submit proposals for the following grant amounts:

Members can submit proposals for the following grant amounts:

(i) Individual applications: Up to $15,000

(ii) Joint applications with 2 or more members: Up to $40,000

Please note that all activities for the project grants must begin after 1 February 2019 and be completed by 31 December 2019. Similar to previous years, the grant amount will be transferred to grantees in two tranches. 80% will be transferred on signing of the grant contract. The remaining 20% will be transferred on the basis of a progress report to be submitted by all grantees on or before 31 October 2018. No extensions will be possible as 2019 is the final year of our current 4 year Sida grant.

In order to assist with the planning of your proposal, we have prepared a template for your use. Please also find here the template for the project’s budget.

 

Upload your grant application

 

See what projects were supported in 2016.

See what projects were supported in 2017

See what projects are being supported in 2018

 

Grants for research and campaign support – CALL OPEN until the end of October

These grants can be used for research and campaign activities that are aligned with any of the strategies identified in APC’s Theory of Change.

These grants will continue to support local campaigns that contribute to members’ advocacy work and also enable members to participate in APC-wide campaigns.

For the 2018 cycle, members can apply for a grant all year round, as long as these activities are implemented within the same calendar year. This change gives members more opportunities and flexibility to apply for support for research and campaign activities. Applications must be submitted at least four weeks before the expected start of implementation. 

These grants are up to USD 5,000 and all activities must start after April 2018 and be completed by 31 December 2018.

Upload your grant application

See what initiatives were supported in 2016.

See what initiatives were supported in 2017

See what initiatives are being supported in 2018

 

Important information to keep in mind
Eligibility
  • Only APC organisational members in good standing can avail of APC grants (this means members must not owe APC any of the following: dues or other outstanding funds, contractual work paid for but not yet delivered, financial or narrative reports from activities previously supported by APC)

  • Please send the complete application in English.

  • For these grants the eligibility criteria of APC donors that support APC’s granting programme will apply. Therefore only projects that are carried out in certain countries can be presented. See the OECD Development Assistance Committee’s list of countries that qualify for Overseas Development Assistance.

Selection

  • The evaluation and selection of successful proposals will be carried out by selection committees made up of members of the APC board of directors and staff, APC’s monitoring and evaluation consultant, and APC members who will be invited by the APC board. Members who are applying for any of the grants will not be included in the selection process, to prevent conflict of interest.

  • Applicants will be informed about the evaluation of their proposals through email.

  • Successful proposals will be published on apc.org.

We look forward to receiving your proposals! If you have any question please contact grants@apc.org

 

« Go back