EngageMedia is hiring - VIDEO LINGUA COORDINATOR
EngageMedia and the Participatory Culture Foundation have teamed up to launch a Southeast Asia video subtitling project based on the Universal Subtitles system. We're looking for an outgoing person based in Malaysia or the Philippines to lead the project and bring it to life.
Universal Subtitles is an open source, online system that enables collaborative translation and subtitling of video. EngageMedia will soon be building Universal Subtitles into the EngageMedia.org site, enabling the easy subtitling of thousands of social justice and environmental videos. The result will be to expand access to critical stories from the Southeast Asia region to far wider audiences.
The Video Lingua Coordinator will:
- Broaden public access to critical human rights and environmental stories from Southeast Asia, increasing inter-regional and international exposure;
- Develop a Southeast Asia community of volunteer translators and subtitlers of citizen, human rights and environmental video content;
- Increase the visibility and adoption of the Universal Subtitles platform among human rights organizations, NGOs, and independent and mainstream video producers;
- Enhance the communication between video activists, campaigners and citizens in the region to develop shared understandings of the common issues they face;
- Make it easier for television stations and websites to be able to run non-native language content and thus broaden the outlets for video activists in the region.
For a full break down of the position and how to apply go to http://engagemedia.org/jobs/video-lingua-coordinator
Applications close November 14th.