chat: Extended profile and contact details
- Chat is a senior manager and consultant specialized in gender, women's rights and information and communication technology for 15 years. She has been working with APC since 2000. She is an experienced manager, evaluator, resource person and speaker on gender and ICTs internationally. Chat was the manager of the APC’s women’s programme from 2005 - 2012 and led the development, fundraising and management of 9 multi-country ICT for development projects that focused on gender equality and women’s empowerment. She managed APC’s gender evaluation methodology project from 2001-2005 and was lead author of Gender Evaluation Methodologies for Internet and ICTs (GEM), published in 2005. Chat has worked as a gender and ICT consultant for CIDA, IDRC, World Bank, UNIFEM, UNESCAP and the United Nations Division for the Advancement of Women. Chat is the Board Chair of the Center for Migrant Advocacy in the Philippines. She lives in the Philippines with her son.
Areas of Expertise:
• Design and management of multi-country women’s empowerment and development projects.
• Gender planning and evaluation of ICT for development projects and programmes.
• Design and management of gender and digital divide research projects.
• Training facilitator on gender analysis of ICT for development projects.
• Strategic planning and organisational development of civil society organisations.
• Management and coordination of multi-country teams and partnerships.
• Experienced speaker and resource person on women’s rights, gender equality and ICT for development.
Angela Kuga Thas, Chat Garcia Ramilo and Dafne Sabanes Plou, Facilitators Guide for GEM Workshops, Association for Progressive Communications, May, 2010.
Chat Ramilo and Cheekay Cinco. Gender and Evaluation Methodology for Internet and ICTs: A learning Tool for Change and Empowerment, APC Women's Networking Support Programme, October, 2005. http://www.genderevaluation.net/?q=gemworks
Chat Ramilo, Nancy Hafkin and Sonia Jorge. Gender equality and empowerment of women through ICT, United Nations Division for the Advancement of Women, November, 2005
Chat Ramilo, Sonia Jorge and Wati Hermawati. Engendering Rural Information System in Indonesia, The World Bank, Rural Development and Natural Resources Unit, East Asia and the Pacific Region, June 2005.