Cultural & linguistic diversity
Between March 22nd and March 30th, 2010, FUNREDES and Colnodo Staff has met in Bogotá to discuss their collaboration on….
1) Virtual migration of Funredes.org server to COLNODO
2) The collaboration on the LISTO project (FLOSS program for automatic insertion of translation software into various discussion lists mechanisms)
Attached brief report describes main outcomes of the meeting and g
A few months ago, former Indian President eminent scientist Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam visited Bangladesh as a convocation speaker for UITS.
- Deadline: 27 August 2009
- Call for applications: Language Teams
- Organisation: African Network for Localisation (ANLoc)
- Project: Localise Software
Establishing a coalition Bangladesh Coalition for Cultural Diversity (BCCD)
UNESCO Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity is adopted by the UNESCO in 2001.
My Goan colleague Frederick Noronha, a happily-married Indian man, to my surprise recently joined the Facebook group “A Consortium of Pub-going, Loose and Forward Women”.
This week, free thinkers and open culture activists from around the world will gather in Sapporo, Japan, for the fourth global ICommons ISummit. The Summit will cover many exciting aspects of the Commons and open content movements, including open education, DIY video, and academic research on free culture.
APC welcomes its new Cambodian member, Open Institute. “We see ourselves as facilitators,” explained Chim Manavy, executive director of the start-up NGO. “We facilitate communication, knowledge-sharing and gender equity through the strategic use of ICT and of the Khmer language”. What this means on the ground, is easy to understand when one takes a look at the track record of OI’s colleagues.
- Institute for Global Communications (IGC)
- Job title
- Web & Multimedia Creative Director 多媒体，网络和未来媒体创意总监
- www.ailingcai.com Born in China, Shanghai. Award-winning design specialist, artist, and leader with diverse portfolio of success spanning website, multimedia, and user interface design. Intrinsic creative talent and keen eye for quality design and document/Web site layout. Fluent in English, Chinese, and Italian.
The Register reports that certain countries such as China, Russia and Saudi Arabia are on the fast track to net domains that use their own alphabets.