LACNOG 2010 - Call for Presentations – www.lacnog.org
The Network Operators Group of Latin America and the Caribbean, LACNOG, will have its first conference LACNOG 2010 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, from 19th to 22nd of October jointly with the fourteenth LACNIC meeting (LACNIC XIV) and the PTT Forum organized by NIC.br.
This is the initial public call for presentations for the event.
The following is a non-comprehensive list of some of the topics that are of interest to the event:
• Convergence Landline – Mobile
Impact in network planning
Planning and usage projection
Evolution of services and applications
Wireless access evolution
Response mechanisms against attacks outside the AS
Strategies for IPv6 migration
IPv6 in core and MPLS networks
IPv6 in access technologies
IPv6 in mobile networks
Strategies and mechanisms in inter-domain and intra-domain routing
Regional peering and regional agreements
Disaster recovery and planning
Handbooks and procedures
• Network Management
Performance metrics in multi-domain networks
• Cooperation Agreements
Synergies with government bodies
Agreements between network operators and academia
The schedule for the selection of works will be the following:
• Deadline for the reception of proposals: Monday, 30 August 2010
• Notification of proposal acceptance: Friday, 10 September 2010
• Deadline for the submission of final versions: Thursday, 30 September 2010
The submission of presentations for the LACNOG 2010 is subject to the following conditions:
• Presentations may or may not be supported by one or more papers.
• English, Portuguese and Spanish are the accepted languages.
• Presentations must be sent in Portable Document Format (PDF).
• Articles must be generated directly from a text processor (not scanned).
• Presentations must not exceed twenty-five (25) minutes.
Those interested in presenting their work should send the following data, within the timeframe specified above, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Complete title of the presentation.
• Extended abstract plus a draft of the slides or the complete article if it were available. The extended abstract must not be longer than five hundred (500) words. The Program Committee can, at its sole discretion, request further or complementary information.
• Complete name(s), email address(es), biographical data and organization(s) of which the interested parties are a part of or represent.
For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the Program Committee at: email@example.com.
For more information on LACNOG 2010, please visit http://www.lacnog.org