Dhaka Workshop: Issues Coming Out of the Open Space Sessions
So today, we started the APC Asia ICT Policy Meeting in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The latter half of the morning and the earlier part of the afternoon was spent in OST (Open Space Technology) to give the participants the opportunity to determine which issues and topics they wanted to spend time discussing:
- Open Source Enabling Policies
- ICTs for Peace
- Importance of Knowledge Products
- ICT Policy Advocacy for WHAT?
- Localisation and Free Software Foundation ">FOSS
- Human Rights and Legal Issues in Relation to the Internet
- ICT Advocacy for Civil Society
- Asia ICT Policy / Governance Research Network
- Integrating Gender in ICTs
- Knowledge Sharing and Policy Implementation through Media
- Liberate the Airwaves!
- Pro-Poor ICTs and the Digital Divide
A very good list of topics, in my opinion.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the topic of women as technology enablers and gender issues was not only raised by female participants (which is often the case in these types of workshops). I'm quite looking forward to the results of that discussion.
The notes from the discussions will soon be up <a href:"http://www.apcasiaictpolicy.net/participants-list/agenda-of-the-meeting/open-space-sessions">here</a>.